Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to prepare and tasty. RI prepared this on the stove and didn't mess with the crock pot, and it was still very good. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
- 3⁄4 lb turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch kale, trimmed and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 3 cups stock
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low.