- 5 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fully cooked smoked sausage (Kielbasa)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 carrots (med)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain.
- In drippings, cook onion and sausage until the onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.