Recipe by LawyerMom
Yay! General Mills reformulated their Rice and Corn Chex to be gluten-free! Watch for gluten-free on the labels. This recipe makes a GREAT snack for kids especially since the cereal is fortified with iron and folic acid. The peanut butter is also good for protein, but watch out for PB allergies. For the recipe to be casein free, you have to check the ingredients in the chocolate chips.
- 1 (12 7/8 ounce) box Rice Chex or 1 (12 7/8 ounce) box Corn Chex
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips (look for casein free ingredients)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips, margarine, and peanut butter over medium heat. Stir.
- Pour over cereal, using a large bowl or a ziploc bag. Coat well.
- Add confectioner's sugar to bowl/bag and mix/shake vigorously to coat well. Break apart any large chunks sticking together.