Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
great for after school
- ripe banana
- ripe avocado
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk (use as much to suit consistency desired)
- 1 cup juice (any flavor)
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- Add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Makes a great quick breakfast or after school.
- Nutritional Tidbit:
- Avocados are a super fruit and are more nutritious than any other fruit. They are especially high in protein, fiber, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid, and zinc. They also contain Omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats for growing kids.
- Cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein.
- Wheat germ is a source of Vitamin E, B-vitamin complex, iron and the antioxidant selenium.