Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
My son is going to be 2 years old and like anyother child food time is not smooth. But this milkshake he drinks without any fuss for breakfast and he gets his dose of fiber, calcium, protiens, potassium all in one. Its also a full-fledged breakfast for adults who don't like eating bran cereal. Instead of banana, I also substitue apple, dates. If the apple is not sweet enough, I had 1 or 2 dates to make it sweet naturally. You can do the same in case of banana also or a dash of honey.
- 1 cup milk, - 1cup (I use organic whole milk for my son)
- 1 medium banana, - 1 medium size cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal, bran cereal - 1/4cup (it has 7gms of fiber)
- slivered almonds (it's purely optional, I add it for my son) (optional)
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. I use the big jar in my magic bullet.
Made the recipe pretty much as given, but I did use a large frozen banana & added 3 Medjool dates along with the other ingredients! Very nice smoothie, & one I'm happy to make again! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]