Recipe by hottiecj
My children's elementary school holds a chili supper fund raiser every year because everyone loves it so much. This is my best copy of it. My oldest says it tastes almost exactly like it, and it's super yummy. My husband and I love this, too. Even my 6 year old twins, who are the pickiest kids on the planet, gobble this up! Perfect for people like us who hate biting into beans! LOL Enjoy!
Top Review by TransplantedHusker
A nice chili. Liked the ease of adding the taco seasoning packet and LOVED the refried beans. They do disappear and it eliminates the "I hate beans in my chili...today" (She liked them in chili a month ago!) Hidden fiber is alwasy a good thing. For me it was just lacking some pizazz..but as the title says "Kid's Favorite" I am definately going to keep the refried bean trick - giving the 4th star just for that! Needed a little tweeking for me, but certainly a solid recipe. Thanks!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion together, stirring to seperate.
- Drain well.
- In a large pot, add all ingredients and stir until beans are well mixed into chili (they will almost "dissolve").
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on med-high.
- Enjoy with lots of crackers. :).