Recipe by A Good Thing
This is SO quick and so easy! Macaroni and cheese meets tuna fish, sautéed onions, chopped canned tomatoes...and PRESTO...you have a kid-friendly and mom-friendly dish! (:
Top Review by mommy_megs
Great lunch! I used whole grain macaroni and tomatoes with garlic flavor. It complimented the tuna nicely! Next time I might add spinach for more nutrition and flavor. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (225 g) package macaroni and cheese mix, like Kraft, prepared according to box directions
- butter (for mac and cheese)
- milk (for mac and cheese)
- 1 (170 g) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by boiling water for mac and cheese.
- While that boils, sauté onions in butter.
- Once onions are cooked to medium/well, add can of tuna (which has been drained).
- Cook for a minute or two, stirring.
- Add canned chopped tomatoes, stir and let simmer on a very low setting for about 5 minutes while you finish mac and cheese. Do not overcook as you'll lose the moisture and you don't want that to happen. Cover pan if you like.
- Prepare mac and cheese according to box directions.
- Place completed macaroni & cheese along with tuna mixture into a bowl, add salt and pepper (if desired) and combine.
- Serve with veggies and sliced bread and butter.
- YUM! Makes a great lunch.