1/5 Photos of Kids Love Tuna Mac
A Good Thing's Note:
This is SO quick and so easy! Macaroni and cheese meets tuna fish, sautéed onions, chopped canned tomatoes...and PRESTO...you have a kid-friendly and mom-friendly dish! (:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin by boiling water for mac and cheese.
- 2While that boils, sauté onions in butter.
- 3Once onions are cooked to medium/well, add can of tuna (which has been drained).
- 4Cook for a minute or two, stirring.
- 5Add canned chopped tomatoes, stir and let simmer on a very low setting for about 5 minutes while you finish mac and cheese. Do not overcook as you'll lose the moisture and you don't want that to happen. Cover pan if you like.
- 6Prepare mac and cheese according to box directions.
- 7Place completed macaroni & cheese along with tuna mixture into a bowl, add salt and pepper (if desired) and combine.
- 8Serve with veggies and sliced bread and butter.
- 9YUM! Makes a great lunch.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kids Love Tuna Mac
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 619.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 19.5 g