Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
great make a head dish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) package small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni, spinach, eggs, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.