Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Adopted from australians womans weekly, havn't tried this yea, but it looks very tasty and my cousin did recomend it to me, so it must taste great because she is a fussy eater
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sprinkle a layer of salt onto a small baking tray (the salt on the tray makes the potato skins crispy).
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and place on prepared tray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until skin is crispy and potato is cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, fry or microwave bacon until crisp.
- Remove the flesh from the potatoes.
- Place in a bowl along with the bacon, broccoli and sour cream.
- Return the filling to 2 of the potato shells, piling it high.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
My kids loved it!! SO simple to whip up after a hard slog of a day, once its in the oven you can all-but forget about it untill the timer goes off. We didnt put them back in the oven as the Spuds held enough heat to melt the cheese and we didnt risk any burns to little mouths.