Recipe by HeatherFeather
I know, I know--this sounds really weird. This is one of those "I don't feel much like cooking" dishes that is easy to throw together on a busy night. This tastes a lot better than it sounds and is a real family pleaser. It is also a good potluck meal--and believe me, everyone is always shocked when they ask for the recipe and discover I used fish sticks. Another great find from Quick Cooking magazine.
Top Review by evewitch
I have to admit that I'm not fond of fish sticks. I was looking for a recipe that would make them palatable to me. This did the trick. I used 1 tsp. dried dill, and was glad to have dried onions in the house. A dinner with no chopping!!!
- 12 ounces shredded frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, to taste
- 15 -18 frozen fish sticks, do not thaw
Directions See How It's Made
- Break apart hash browns with a fork and set aside.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- Add onion,dill, seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in hash browns and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased 9x13-inch casserole.
- Set the fish sticks on top of the egg mixture- fitting them in neat rows.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 50-60 minutes or until top is golden and fish flakes when poked with a fork.
- Before serving, let rest a few minutes or it will be too hot& gloppy.