1/1 Photo of Kids' Favourite Salmon Pasta With Peas
This easy recipe is not just for kids. If you can get smoked salmon-flavoured cream cheese, use that instead of plain. It adds an extra dimension of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups farfalle pasta
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 1/2 ounces salmon, drained and broken into chunks
- 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- 3Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 4Cook the onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add the milk and heat until steaming.
- 6Whisk the corn starch with 2 tablespoons water.
- 7Stir into the milk mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Add the peas, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- 9Stir until the cheese is melted.
- 10Add to the pasta and toss to coat, adding the reserved cooking liquid if desired.
- 11Gently stir in the salmon.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kids' Favourite Salmon Pasta With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 34.2 g