Recipe by Cookin-jo
These are not your typical sweet and sour recipe for chicken, having no ketchup or tomato products. They are only mildly sour and the sauce becomes wonderfully brown as the wings bake. Expect some happy but sticky faces and keep a wet dish towel at hand!
Top Review by WildLime
These were definitely a hit (even with the grownups!). Super easy and tasty - just bring on the napkins and enjoy watching the kids' happy, sticky faces as go back for seconds... and thirds. :)
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour, for dredging
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the wings at joints into 3 parts, discarding the tips (or buy them already cut).
- Dip wing portions into the beaten egg, dredge in flour and brown in a tablespoon of oil, in batches, adding more oil as needed. Remove wings to a roaster or large casserole dish.
- Combine soy sauce, water, vinegar and sugar and pour over wings.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for one hour, stirring occasionally and covering at the end if needed.
- I've guessed at the servings.