Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Fairfax Children's Hospital Cookbook - "Cooked Up By Kids". Very easy recipe kids can do with minimal help from an adult. Very basic cooking at its best. Great with a dollop of ice cream served on the side.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Peel the bananas, cut in half and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the bananas with brown sugar.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze a little juice over each banana.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of honey over EACH banana (2 halves).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until well browned.
I actually made this for breakfast. I cooked the bananas for 20 mins and they did not turn brown but were warm all the through and soft. Very yummy. I may make again for dessert with a scope of ice cream on the side.
Well, I was a little worried about this when I took it out of the oven because my bananas weren't very pretty, but they sure tasted good with some vanilla yogurt on top and even on their own! I made as directed using orange blossom honey. Next time I might put a bit more brown sugar, but they were very tasty and a great way to use up some extra bananas! Thanks for sharing Hokies! Made for Feb/Mar 2010 Potluck Tag
I am sorry but these were just not good. They turned brown, not from honey or brown sugar but from the banana just cooking in the oven. They were mushy and inedible.