Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sounds like a pretty easy recipe that would taste very good, but I haven't tried it yet. Please note that the cheese is optional. I would probably add a vegetable such as broccoli for myself, but I didn't include that in the recipe since many children don't like broccoli.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, Grated
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips. Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or lightly grease with a small amount of cooking oil); cook chicken in skillet until just done.
- In large skillet, combine rice pasta mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute over medium heat until pasta mixture is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/4 Cups water and special seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 3 minutes.
- With a wire whisk, blend and heat the soup, adding the milk gradually.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the chicken and heat through.
- Serve the creamy chicken over the rice.
- You may add spices, if desired, perhaps a little cayenne pepper.
This was so good, even better than I expected it to be! I cut the chicken into chunks instead of strips, but otherwise followed this easy recipe exactly, and we all loved it! I'll definitely be making it again! Thanks!