Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
chicken breast slivers with a flavorful crust
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin slivers
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (from the deli)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- cut chicken breasts into long, thin slivers.
- sprinkle all sides with garlic powder and garlic salt.
- roll generously in a tub of parmesan [do not use freshly grated or Kraft shaker - they lack the right texture to adhere to the chicken].
- heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet.
- fry chicken quickly until golden on all sides.
- remove and drain on paper towels.
- ps: i finish cooking mine under the broiler.
- also, these are a big hit with everyone as an hors d'oeuvre on a long toothpick - and are just as good when cooled.
This recipe was pretty decent. A bit too salty for me, but I think with a slight reduction in the garlic salt next time, it will be perfect! Served it with green beans, my little girl loved it!
Made these for my little niece and nephew and both of them didn't like these at all. Sorry, but I too must give this a thumbs down. :-(
My son is a VERY picky eater, but LOVED these. I've made them several times and it's always a feel good family meal when you add French Fries and some Corn on the Cob.