Recipe by el guapo
This is a great recipe for picky eaters. This is my kid's favorite recipe. He will even eat his peas when they get mixed into the cheese sauce.
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta (half of a box or 2.5 cups)
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 ounces dried beef (cubed)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 3 slices bread (cubed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil for pasta. Begin making the sauce when you add the pasta.
- In a separate sauce pan, melt 3 tbs of butter and add cubed dried beef. Brown for 2 -3 minutes. Add 2 tbs flour, 1/4 tsp onion powder, dash of pepper and dash of paprika, and stir. Add 6 oz. Velveta, cubed, and reduce to low heat. When the cheese begins to melt, add 1.5 cups of milk and stir ocasionally. The sauce is done when the all of the cheese is melted.
- Melt 3 tbs of butter in a medium size bowl in the microwave. Add 3 slices of cubed bread to the butter and toss to distrubute the butter evenly.
- Drain Pasta and return the pasta to the pot and add the cheese sauce. Mix thoroughly and then transfer to a 2.5 quart Casserole dish. Top with the cubed bread prepared above.
- Broil to brown the bread crumbs, and serve.