Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Are you ready for yet another breakfast casserole? This one is slightly different than the others I saw listed as it has only 5 ingredients, no mustard, and since I make it with sausage, the meat adds all the flavor my kids want. I usually serve it Christmas morning with either orange-marmalade or cranberry-walnut apple muffins.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 12 slices bread, crusts trimmed
- butter or margarine
- Butter bread on both sides.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Line bottom and sides of pan with slices of bread; use 1/2 slices for the sides.
- Cook and crumble sausage; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over bread.
- Pour eggs and milk over slices of bread.
- Top with crumbled meat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.