Recipe by Julesong
This recipe was developed by the creator while trying to find a chili that her kids would eat. All her family loves it! It is both thick and just a little bit sweet tasting, but not too much.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can mild chili bean (Bush's)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans (Bush's)
- 2 cans DelMonte stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package McCormick mild chili seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet.
- Drain off grease and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder and fry until beef is done.
- Transfer to stock pot or large kettle and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium low heat for 30-50 minutes or longer if desired.
- Note: this is an adopted recipe. It needs a bit of tweaking.