Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was developed by the creator while trying to find a chili that her kids would eat. All her family loves it! It is both thick and just a little bit sweet tasting, but not too much.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can mild chili bean (Bush's)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans (Bush's)
- 2 cans DelMonte stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package McCormick mild chili seasoning
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet.
- Drain off grease and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder and fry until beef is done.
- Transfer to stock pot or large kettle and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium low heat for 30-50 minutes or longer if desired.
- Note: this is an adopted recipe. It needs a bit of tweaking.
Very nice, but I reckon it may need a bit of bbq sauce to sweeten it up a bit. My kids loved it though, Its good topped with chopped avocado and sour cream, yummy!
This is a wonderful recipe.
This was great chilli, the best I have tasted, in fact tried a five star one and had to pitch it out, this was a great tasting chili, and glad to find one not hot tasting, would give it more then a 5 star if I could. Thanks for the recipe.