PSU Lioness's Note:
This was on an episode of Rachael Ray and I'm posting for safe keeping. It sounds like something that my adventurous and my picky eater would enjoy. It looks like a lot of steps, but it's really simple and the chicken salad can be made ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1 chicken breast in a small sauté or saucepan in enough water to cover by an inch.
- 2Bring to boil, then reduce and barely simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and let sit in water 10 minutes.
- 4When cool enough to handle, cut into chunks and pulse in processor until finely chopped. This should yield about 1/2 cup.
- 5In a medium-size bowl, combine chicken with diced apple, 1/4 cup mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. (This is basic version; can add any desired seasonings.) Stir until thoroughly combined.
- 6To make 1 roll: trim crusts from 1 slice sandwich bread (need spongy supermarket-style bread here; not artisanal-style with big or coarse crumb).
- 7Using a rolling pan, “roll” slice out a bit, just to flatten and soften.
- 8Lightly spread with about 1/2 teaspoon mayo, then thin layer of chicken salad (about 2 tablespoons).
- 9Top with single layer of julienned carrots (thin shavings using julienne peeler) and cucumber.
- 10Starting at one short end, roll up like a sushi roll.
- 11Repeat with 3 more slices of bread to make 4 rolls total.
- 12Chill for 10 minutes; then cut crosswise into smaller rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kids Chicken Salad Sushi Rolls - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 312.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g