Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is one of those that the kids can help you with if you like (let them help you stack it at the end), but even without helping they enjoy them. This is another lovely from that 70's Betty Crocker Library that I found.
- 3 buttermilk biscuits
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 -4 pieces American cheese
- butter (optional)
- 6 slices tomatoes (optional)
- Turn your oven to broil or 550 to preheat.
- Cut the biscuits into halves cross-wise (should make 2 flat biscuits).
- Spread the cut sides with butter (this is optional but it gives it a nice flavor), this is one of those things the kids can do.
- Place the biscuit halves and bacon slices on a rack in broiler pan. Broil with the tops of muffins 3 inches from heat until bacon is light brown(2 min).
- Remove the biscuits and turn the bacon over and broil one more minute.
- Top each muffin half with 1 thick tomato slice (optional).
- Tear the bacon in half and make an x across the top of the tomato.
- Tear the cheese in pieces and put across the x in the holes (should look like t with bacon showing in all four corners).
- Put it in the broiler for one minute or until the cheese melts.
- You can let your kids do the stacking and make towers to see how high they can get it to go, they love it.