Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
KIDS LOVE THESE!!! So much cheaper and easier than the kind you buy at the store.
- 1⁄3 cup mild clear Joy dishwashing soap
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- food coloring
- Mix cornstarch and liquid soap in bowl.
- Pour into ice cube tray, filling about 1/2 full.
- Put 4-8 drops of different food coloring colors into each section and mix till blended.
- I usually use toothpicks to mix when in the ice cube tray.
- Give to the kids and let them at it!
- This washes your child, and will wash off the walls too!
Thank you! We tried this today and my 5 yr old son said he had a lot of fun (until his 2 yr old sister dumped it all into the tub :-) No staining. I used generic liquid baby soap to ensure "no tears".
My son (4 yr old) loves these paints. They are so expensive in the stores. Thanks so much for the post.
Like another reviewer, I eyeballed the amount of soap. Added 1 Tbsp potato starch (what we had on hand), shook it all together in an empty mustard bottle. Divided it up into three total squeeze bottles, added 4 drops of food coloring per bottle and we went at it. Dressed the kids in their swimsuits and painted away on the side of my white car in the driveway (I was too chicken to try it on our driveway - the HOA here is pretty strict on stains, etc, but what dripped did seem to come off easily). When we were done, we washed the car, then I threw the kids in the nearest sink the clean them off. (a tiny 4 yr old and 1 yr old who's almost as big as her). Car washed, good time, and the kids clean and in PJs before dinner. For a super simple activity, that was off the chart. Thank you for sharing!