KIDS LOVE THESE!!! So much cheaper and easier than the kind you buy at the store.
Make and share this kids Bathtub Paints recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup mild clear Joy dishwashing soap
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- food coloring
- Mix cornstarch and liquid soap in bowl.
- Pour into ice cube tray, filling about 1/2 full.
- Put 4-8 drops of different food coloring colors into each section and mix till blended.
- I usually use toothpicks to mix when in the ice cube tray.
- Give to the kids and let them at it!
- This washes your child, and will wash off the walls too!
Thank you! We tried this today and my 5 yr old son said he had a lot of fun (until his 2 yr old sister dumped it all into the tub :-) No staining. I used generic liquid baby soap to ensure "no tears".
My son (4 yr old) loves these paints. They are so expensive in the stores. Thanks so much for the post.
Awesome fun for the kiddo and I both. They did stain his skin a bit, but other then that they were awesome. Cleaned off the walls easy. My 2 year old also dumped them in the water eventually, but it was fun to watch the water change colors for him. Thanks to the people who tipped using baby wash instead. Genius idea, and I'd think it'd be better for sensitive skin. Thanks also Bekah for the awesome recipe. :)