Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A savory Spanish dish found on another site that looked so intriguing.
Make and share this Kidneys in Sherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Pour milk over kidneys in non-reactive bowl.
- Add enough water to cover kidneys.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse kidneys; pat dry.
- Cut kidneys lengthwise into halves.
- Remove fat and membranes with kitchen scissors.
- Cut kidneys into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot.
- Cook and stir kidneys in oil over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes; remove with slotted spoon.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in remaining oil until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour.
- Gradually stir both into flour mixture.
- Stir in sherry, salt, pepper and kidneys. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until kidneys are no longer pink inside and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Nice recipe. I changed it a little. I didn't have any milk so I skipped that. I like lots of sauce so I added about 1/2c more liquid and about 1/2tbl more flour. I made a roux with the flour too. I also added some sliced mushrooms.