1 hr 20 mins
A savory Spanish dish found on another site that looked so intriguing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour milk over kidneys in non-reactive bowl.
- 2Add enough water to cover kidneys.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Drain and rinse kidneys; pat dry.
- 5Cut kidneys lengthwise into halves.
- 6Remove fat and membranes with kitchen scissors.
- 7Cut kidneys into 1-inch pieces.
- 8Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot.
- 9Cook and stir kidneys in oil over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes; remove with slotted spoon.
- 10Cook and stir onion and garlic in remaining oil until onion is tender.
- 11Remove from heat; stir in flour.
- 12Gradually stir both into flour mixture.
- 13Stir in sherry, salt, pepper and kidneys. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- 14Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until kidneys are no longer pink inside and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 15Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kidneys in Sherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 307.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: