Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tried this the other night and it was very good.
- 4 lambs kidneys
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 small cauliflower
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and core the kidneys, slice them thinly and soak in the sherry.
- Break the cauliflower into very small florets and cook in salted boiling water 3 minutes.
- Cut the spring onions into 2 1/2cm lengths.
- Heat the oil and fry the kidneys and onions with the cauliflower for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with the soy sauce, 2 Tbsp water, sugar, the remaining sherry and salt. Add to the pan and cook gently 3 minutes, stirring all the time. Serve immediately.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui, New Zealand.