Kidney Beans & Sweet Potato
- Prepare first 6 ingredients by chopping and slicing.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium to large soup or braising pot. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrot, pepper, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms.
- Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spices and mix thoroughly.
- Mix tomato paste and broth together and add to pot.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, salt, pepper, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat uncovered, or until vegetables are tender.