Recipe by khah
Dont let the name throw you off, this is an excellent light summer salad!! to reduce fat, use 1/2 c mayonnaise and 1/2 plain yogurt!! i got this recipe from "Wholly Frijoles, the whole bean cookbook" and its so good, i have to share!!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (i like to use rice vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- chopped tomato (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- fry bacon, drain and reserv 1/4 c of the bacon drippings.
- saute onion in the drippings until limp, remove from the heat.
- stir in the maynnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- mix thoroughly.
- crumble bacon and add shredded cabbage, celery and beans stirring into the mayonnasie mixture.
- serve on crisp lettuce leaves and garnish with tomato wedges.
- *canbe served warm or cold*.