Recipe by Mirro
Kidney beans, corn, and red onion combine for a delicious dish that works well with rice or quinoa. This could also be served as a very hearty soup or chili.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ground cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook garlic and onion until onion is tender. Stir in the green bell pepper, and cook until tender but firm. Season with cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir the kidney beans with liquid and corn with liquid into the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.