Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on Nigella Bites last night and made it for lunch today. We had it with crusty olive bread, but it would be nice as part of a buffet or picnic or as a potluck dish. It's very quick and easy to make, healthy and quite tasty. I used one can of beans, vine-ripened tomatoes, and everything else as listed in the recipe.
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (or more)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine onions and vinegar. Set aside to macerate while preparing rest of salad, or up to three hours.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Add kidney beans, onion mixture and olive oil. Toss gently to mix, adjust salt to taste, and serve.
Delicious! I made the following alterations out of necessity: 1 can red kidney, 1 can garbanzo, 1 can great northern, 1 tomato - chunked, 3/4C sundried tomatoes bottled in olive oil. Because of the olive oil around the sundried tomatoes, I didn't add any of the extra olive oil. Yum! I've had several bites and will need to keep busy so that there is something left of the salad (and my appetite) by dinnertime.
Yummy. Made as directed and really enjoyed it. Great looks and falvour. Made for Pac Fall 2012