1/2 Photos of Kidney Bean Tashrib
1 hr 5 mins
This meal is popular in Iraq. It is very tasty, very simple and eaten mostly on weekends--for breakfast or lunch with fried eggs and green onions on the side. A very important note is that this recipe is made with RED kidney beans only which is mandatory. You can eat it with your fingers or with a fork; it is really up to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the beans on medium heat until tender, about 1 hour.
- 2Tear the bread into medium-sized pieces.
- 3Put the bread pieces in the pot with the beans on fire in order to get moistened by the liquid of the beans. Let it sit for about one minute and then remove the bread pieces and beans with flat ladle in the serving plate (preferably a shallow bowl).
- 4Put corn oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat until it becomes very hot.
- 5Fry the eggs in this hot oil (you will notice that the eggs will become somewhat bubbly because of the high heat of the oil, which is the right thing to be); season with salt.
- 6Pour the entire contents of the pan over the soaked pieces of bread and kidney beans.
- 7Serve tashrib immediately with green onions or wedges of white onions and lemon wedges to squeeze over the tashrib if you like.
- 8The best drink that goes well with this recipe is cold yogurt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kidney Bean Tashrib
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.0
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: