Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Storing for safe-keeping before moving. From Company's Coming Series.
- 7 ounces canned kidney beans (half a 14 oz can)
- 3 tablespoons salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, grated
- Combine kidney beans and salsa in a small microwavable bowl.
- Sprinkle with both cheese. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through. Can stir if desired.
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe - it had much more flavor than I was expecting. The salsa makes all the difference so be sure to use a good one! I used an all-natural mild variety and replaced the cheeses with Cheddar-Jack. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to drain the beans but I did and then added just a little bit of water to make it more soup-like. Heated for 1 minute on 80% without the cheese, stirred, mashing the beans slightly, then added the cheese and cooked for 50 seconds more (also at 80%). Also made your Recipe #242289 to go along side. Thanks for the recipe!