Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy to prepare and tasty recipe. I work and go to school full time so dont have time to prepare fancy stuff. This hardly takes half hour to prepare and very filling and delicious. I got this from a turkish friend of mine, but am not sure if its turkish.Dont matter, taste good enough to me.
- 1 can kidney bean, drain and reserve the liquid
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a pan and add chopped onions.
- Once the onions are translucent and soft, add the ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and parsley.
- Cook until fragrant.
- Now, add the salsa, tomato paste,alongwith some water,kidney beans plus the liquid (about half cup liquid).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until thick enough.
- Serve warm with thick crusty bread.
Oh my!!! This is a winner!!! I just finished a big bowl of this soup on this bitter cold day. Wow, is this ever good! The combination of ingredients is "right-on" for a hearty, comforting soup. We particularly like the addition of the salsa in it to really give it a hearty flavor. Can't wait to make this again, VivaForever.
Couldn't believe a bean soup that is so easily made could taste so good! The salsa along with the rest of the ingredients made for a quick, delicious, hearty and flavorful soup. No changes needed for this one. Served with crusty buns it made for a meal in itself. Thank you Erum and thank your Turkish friend for sharing. It's already in my keeper collection!