- 3 whole red chilies
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned kidney beans
- 2 eggs, boiled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lettuce
- 1 Chinese cabbage
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound together the chillies, shallots, ginger, garlic, lemon grass and salt.
- Saute in oil.
- Add kidney beans and stir-cook.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Allow to cool.
- Add chopped eggs and serve the kidney bean salad on a bed of lettuce and cabbage leaves.
- Garnish with corriander, mint and cucumber and serve.