Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Mom's recipe from when we were kids. I never liked kidney beans, but I would devour this salad.
- 2 cups kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Combine the kidney beans, celery, pickles, pimiento, onion, salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly with the mayonnaise.
- Chill at least six hours before serving.
Felix, this was the first time I ever made a kidney bean salad, and I really liked this one. I think the celery and dill pickles gave this salad flavor and crunch. However, I only added a 1/2 cup of diced celery, but I did add a bit more mayonnaise (1 Tbsp. more) to be exact. I also thought the pimiento added in this salad was a nice touch. I found that 4 hrs. of refrigeration was all the time this salad needed to be chilled. Thank you for the recipe Felix!!
This is the first time I have made kidney bean salad. The family loved it! I didn't have pimento in the house so I substituted with roasted red pepper. It was delicious and so easy to make.
This is the way my mom always made kidney bean salad with the exception of the pimento. The pimento is an excellent addition to this recipe. This salad is a great source of protein for those hot summer days when you don't feel like cooking.