Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be served with crusty breads or crackers. Even thick chips can be used but be sure to cut back on the salt in the relish.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 red onion, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Drain the kidney beans well.
- Add chopped onion to kidney beans.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over beans and onion, mixing well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
A nice and easy dish to make and serve. I didn't want to use salt, so added extra oregano. I took the leftovers to work the next day for lunch :-)