Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -3 boiled potatoes, chilled and diced (with skins still on)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Heat the olive oil in skillet.
- Saute the onion until translucent; add peppers and saute briefly.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning gently with a spatula every 2 minutes.
- While the potato mixture cooks, mash 1/2 to 2/3 of the beans with a potato masher.
- Mix the beans and mashed beans into the mixture in the frying pan, add 1/2 cup water, and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve hot.