Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from www.taste.com.au. It is really simple to make but tastes great. We often make it to wrap in tortilla. Very very good. Serve it with avocado, salad leaves and store-bought salsa. I have modified to use oats rather than bread in the mix to redcue its GI.
- 1 (750 g) can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup whole oats
- Reserve 185g (1 cup) of the red kidney beans and place the remaining beans in the bowl of the food processor. Process, in short bursts, until roughly mashed. Add the mashed beans, onion, coriander, egg white and reserved whole beans to the oats and stir until well combined. Use damp hands to divide the mixture evenly into 4 portions. Shape each portion into a patty about 2cm thick and 8cm in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through.