Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These brownies are so good that my husband and father loved them - and even had seconds when they found out they were made with beans!
- 1 cup cooked kidney bean, pureed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (can sub unsweetened applesauce)
- 4 eggs (or equivalent egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Spray bottom only of 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except nuts.
- Beat on low speed or by hand, scraping down sides of bowl, until smooth. Stir in walnuts.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
These were super yummy. The texture was really good. I just added a little bit of baking powder and soda to make it more cakey.
fantabulous!!!! i decreased the sugar to a cup and used sweetend applesause, they were DELISH!