- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (400 g) can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 300 g Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices and cook for 2 minutes till fragrant.
- Add beans, lentils and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 6 minutes till thickened.
- Add spinach and cook till it is wilted.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.