Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is easy and quick and tasty - adapted from an Australian Table magazine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (400 g) can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 300 g Baby Spinach
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices and cook for 2 minutes till fragrant.
- Add beans, lentils and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 6 minutes till thickened.
- Add spinach and cook till it is wilted.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
A very nice and easy to prepare dish! Flavorful and filling with the combo of lentils and beans. I halved the recipe which easily made four portions for us. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
This dish was delicious and the presentation was fantastic! I had a friend over for dinner tonight and he raved about this dish. I served it along with some Indian potatoes and chicken and of course, some Naan bread. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag, October, 2011.
I had forgotten how "meaty" brown lentils tasted! The flavors work very well together, and, like others have said, it is made with ingredients that I often have on hand. Made for ZWT 7, Wish You Were Here, Antarctica Challenge.