Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, nutritious, keeps for a long time (in a sealed container), easily "tweaked" to fit your personal tastes. A REAL kid-pleaser. Great for bringing snack on your child's turn at preschool/daycare. Although it may be wise to omit the ingredients containing peanuts (when considering a choice for nuts and regarding the peanut butter chips) as the allergy to peanuts is increasingly common and potentially life-threatening. Also great for a cooking activity with small children...wash their hands and let them throw handfulls of the ingredients together.
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal (honey nut, plain and apple cinnamon work equally as well)
- 1 cup goldfish crackers or 1 cup other cheese crackers
- 1 cup cherry-flavored dried cranberries (or other favorite dried fruit)
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup other favorite nuts (although be aware of children's potential allergy to peanuts)
- 1 cup miniature M&M's chocolate candies (or other chocolate candy)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips or 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists or 1 cup pretzel stick
- Throw everything together in a sealed container.
- Store in cool, dry area (to prevent melting of chocolate candies/chips and other soft ingredients).
what could be bad? I added raisins, peanut M&Ms and honeycomb cerial (had them in the pantry) left out the chips. Kids and I loved it. It made a great car trip snack.
Awesome recipe! At first the kids turned up their noses at the thought of cranberries and nuts but we pushed on. They had a blast making it. They actually ate the cranberries and nuts and loved it. They polished off the whole batch and asked to make more. Thank you!
Took this with us camping and the kids really enjoyed it. Used honey nut cheerios, regular m&m's, plain goldfish, peanut butter chips, cherry craisins, mini pretzel twists and omitted the nuts.