Recipe by LoriDori
After experimenting time and time again, I finally came up with my own version of this popular and easy casserole which EVERYONE in my household enjoys! (The secret ingredient is the peas!) My family likes the proportion of peas to ground beef - but I've also made it using 1.5 pounds ground beef and it turns out just as tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tater tots
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen peas
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef and onion together in non-stick skillet - drain.
- In a bowl, combine the beef and onion mixture together with the soup and garlic salt. Spread evenly into prepared dish.
- Top with frozen peas.
- Thaw the tater tots by heating them over medium heat in non-stick skillet until warmed throughout.
- Top casserole with the tater tots, followed by grated cheese (add more if you like it cheesier).
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly.