Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
After experimenting time and time again, I finally came up with my own version of this popular and easy casserole which EVERYONE in my household enjoys! (The secret ingredient is the peas!) My family likes the proportion of peas to ground beef - but I've also made it using 1.5 pounds ground beef and it turns out just as tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tater tots
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen peas
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef and onion together in non-stick skillet - drain.
- In a bowl, combine the beef and onion mixture together with the soup and garlic salt. Spread evenly into prepared dish.
- Top with frozen peas.
- Thaw the tater tots by heating them over medium heat in non-stick skillet until warmed throughout.
- Top casserole with the tater tots, followed by grated cheese (add more if you like it cheesier).
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
My family loved this.. very easy to make and the kids loved it
Great recipe I love the sweetness of the peas. I was a little short on time when I made this so here is what I did. In step 4 before I put it in the pan I added the peas to the mixture and mixed well. I heated this for three minutes then put it in the pan. Then I put this in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. Came out perfect and all the kids told me 'Your the best cooker'. LoriDori, thanks for make lunch for the kids a hit.
I make this minus the peas. We don't care for them. The kids always gobble this up.