Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Swiped from the Family Foodie blog. The momwriter made this for her family & it got big thumbs up from her kids. Very easy recipe that looks delicious! Posted for ZWT8. Serve over rice. Garlic broccoli with a little bit of the sauce on it completes this meal.
- 6 bone in rib chops
- olive oil, to line the bottom of frying pan (I prefer to use my electric frying pan for this recipe so I can add all the Pork Chops at once)
- 9.85 ml garlic
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 large lemon
- 709.77 ml white wine (I love using a traditional inexpensive white like Vinho Verde)
- salt and pepper
- Line bottom of frying pan with olive oil and heat. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the pork chops and do not flip until a nice brown crust forms on each chop. Do the same on both sides. The brown crust is key in this dish.
- Add garlic to the pan *when you flip the chops* and brown along with the pork.
- Cut Lemon in half. Slice one half into 6 thin slices. Squeeze the other half over the pork chops.
- Add bay leaves to the pan.
- Pour the white wine evenly over the chops and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- Use meat thermometer to check the pork.
- Serve with a slice of Lemon on top of each chop.
Everyone enjoyed this recipe including my extremely picky eater. I had 8 thin rib pork chops and I divided the recipe between 2 frying pans. I was worried that the chops would over cook since they were so thin, but it was still great and had a very different feel from what I usually make. Will definitely make again!
This was very tasty, easy to make and yes get a nice crust on it. I served it with baked potatoe, brussel sprouts and fried zucchini. Thanks for posting, made for world tour 8
This was a very good pork chop, prepared for ZWT8. The instructions say that browning the chop to crispiness is the key, but unfortunately DH was at the stove tonight. LOL! But even so, with the chop lacking color as the picture will attest, it was most excellent! The flavor was wonderful and I can't wait to try it again when I'm cooking alone!!!