Swiped from the Family Foodie blog. The momwriter made this for her family & it got big thumbs up from her kids. Very easy recipe that looks delicious! Posted for ZWT8. Serve over rice. Garlic broccoli with a little bit of the sauce on it completes this meal.
- 6 bone in rib chops
- olive oil, to line the bottom of frying pan (I prefer to use my electric frying pan for this recipe so I can add all the Pork Chops at once)
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 large lemon
- 3 cups white wine (I love using a traditional inexpensive white like Vinho Verde)
- salt and pepper
- Line bottom of frying pan with olive oil and heat. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the pork chops and do not flip until a nice brown crust forms on each chop. Do the same on both sides. The brown crust is key in this dish.
- Add garlic to the pan *when you flip the chops* and brown along with the pork.
- Cut Lemon in half. Slice one half into 6 thin slices. Squeeze the other half over the pork chops.
- Add bay leaves to the pan.
- Pour the white wine evenly over the chops and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- Use meat thermometer to check the pork.
- Serve with a slice of Lemon on top of each chop.