1/2 Photos of Kid Tested Mother Approved Portuguese Pork Chop
Swiped from the Family Foodie blog. The momwriter made this for her family & it got big thumbs up from her kids. Very easy recipe that looks delicious! Posted for ZWT8. Serve over rice. Garlic broccoli with a little bit of the sauce on it completes this meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bone in rib chops
- olive oil, to line the bottom of frying pan (I prefer to use my electric frying pan for this recipe so I can add all the Pork Chops at once)
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 large lemon
- 3 cups white wine (I love using a traditional inexpensive white like Vinho Verde)
- salt and pepper
- 1Line bottom of frying pan with olive oil and heat. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2Add the pork chops and do not flip until a nice brown crust forms on each chop. Do the same on both sides. The brown crust is key in this dish.
- 3Add garlic to the pan *when you flip the chops* and brown along with the pork.
- 4Cut Lemon in half. Slice one half into 6 thin slices. Squeeze the other half over the pork chops.
- 5Add bay leaves to the pan.
- 6Pour the white wine evenly over the chops and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- 7Use meat thermometer to check the pork.
- 8Serve with a slice of Lemon on top of each chop.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid Tested Mother Approved Portuguese Pork Chop
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: