Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on Dave Letterman, Martha Stewart was on showing interesting healthy things to put in kids lunches. My nephew thought these were the greatest things in the world. I varied it a little from what she did to what he liked so feel free to do the same for your kids!
- Flattten bread with rolling pin.
- Spread peanut butter on bread.
- Sprinkle a small amount of raisins on peanut butter but not too many you need to the peanut buttter to act like glue to hold it together.
- Cut bread in half.
- Roll carrot or celery in bread tightly.
- You should be able to stand it up so that the veggie is sticking up.
Since my son is allergic to peanut butter I just used this as an idea for the kids lunch. We let them pick what they wanted in it and let our older daughter flatten the bread. If you microwave them just a little ( if you have cheese) they stick to each other better. Or if you used something like ranch dressing, celery and cucumber strips they stick. We used cheese, turkey and ham.
I made this for a baby shower because during the mom-to-be's pregnancy she was obsessed with peanut butter, and we live in Japan, so it was a fun, creative hit. It was easy and taste okay.