Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I made these up to get the kids interested in mashed potatoes. They loved them and asked for more. Pretty simple too!
- 3 small red potatoes or 3 small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 slice American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes several times with fork.
- Microwave for about 7 minutes or until soft.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out insides into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork. Discard skins.
- Add butter, parmesan cheese, milk and salt. Mash again. Add more milk if necessary to make a smooth consistency.
- Using a small scoop, make 8 balls on a microwave-safe plate.
- Carefully make a small indentation with your finger in each.
- Cut cheese slice into 8 pieces and fold each in half. Place in idendation of each potato ball.
- Microwave potato balls for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.