Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Was at a friends house and she was making lasagna and didn't have enough garlic bread for everyone...so she made some "just for the kids". I was so shocked, who would have thought? Now this is what I fix if I'm in a hurry and don't have time for "real" garlic bread. They don't complain and they can help individualize their own if they want to.
- Split hot dog buns open and lay on cookie sheet (crust side to the cookie sheet).
- Spread butter on open side of each hot dog bun.
- Sprinkle with garlic.
- Place in 350 degree oven and bake until top side of bun is very lightly browned or until butter (and cheese-if added) is melted. Check often.
- Good served with spaghetti or lasagna and salad.
- May add mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, mozzerella cheese, etc-- before placing in oven-- if desired. ~This is like a meal in itself.~.
Worked like a charm. I used these to make meatball sandwiches. So quick and simple. Thanks for posting.
So quick, simple, and good. This was a great side to a bowl of soup. Thanks kdp for sharing. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
This is great! I usually use my extra "buns" for bread crumbs, but since my crumb container is full I wanted to try this recipe. The bread it delish. My kids loved it because it was something different then reg. french bread. I used butter, garlic powder, mozz. cheese and chopped parsley. I will make these again, thank you for sharing this easy recipe with us.