Caryn Dalton's Note:
This one is so easy, I don't even know if it qualifies for a "recipe" but my kids love it and when I don't feel like cooking, but need something on the table fast...this one does the trick every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 fat free turkey hot dogs (or your favorite kind)
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese mix (any kind)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can of campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup (or 1 cup melted Velveeta)
- 1 (10 ounce) can fat free chili sauce (sometimes known as hot-dog sauce)
- 1Start your water boiling for macaroni, per product instructions, but omitting butter. I usually start with hot water and use a lid for the pot so the water boils faster.
- 2Slice wieners in half lengthwise but keep the round shape together.
- 3Now, cut them cross-wise into segments so that you end up with several evenly cut pieces per wiener.
- 4By now your water should be boiling.
- 5Add your macaroni and the wieners to the water.
- 6Prepare the rest of the macaroni as usual, cooking for about 11-13 minutes, removing from heat and draining.
- 7Add powdered cheese, Campbell's can of cheese soup (or Velveeta), and can of chili sauce.
- 8You can add a can of diced tomatoes, plain or with green chili's if your kids like a little zing in their food.
- 9That's the way we like it.
- 10Mix well and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid Pleasing'chili Mac
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 684.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free turkey hot dogs
fat free chili sauce