Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
This one is so easy, I don't even know if it qualifies for a "recipe" but my kids love it and when I don't feel like cooking, but need something on the table fast...this one does the trick every time.
- 6 -8 fat free turkey hot dogs (or your favorite kind)
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese mix (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) canof campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup (or 1 cup melted Velveeta)
- 1 (10 ounce) can fat free chili sauce (sometimes known as hot-dog sauce)
- Start your water boiling for macaroni, per product instructions, but omitting butter. I usually start with hot water and use a lid for the pot so the water boils faster.
- Slice wieners in half lengthwise but keep the round shape together.
- Now, cut them cross-wise into segments so that you end up with several evenly cut pieces per wiener.
- By now your water should be boiling.
- Add your macaroni and the wieners to the water.
- Prepare the rest of the macaroni as usual, cooking for about 11-13 minutes, removing from heat and draining.
- Add powdered cheese, Campbell's can of cheese soup (or Velveeta), and can of chili sauce.
- You can add a can of diced tomatoes, plain or with green chili's if your kids like a little zing in their food.
- That's the way we like it.
- Mix well and serve.