Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
so simple it is good for beginning cooks.
Make and share this Kid Pleasing Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I scaled this back for 1 serve and cooked in a round ramikin dish, serving it with a piece of chicken and a salad, though I did omit the salts and used a sharp vintage cheddar cheese. Thank you weekend cooker, made for the Aussie/Kiwi swap #50 March 2011.
Very good casserole! I used 1 1/2 cups of peaches and cream frozen (defrosted) corn and only cheddar for the cheese. We all really liked this! We enjoyed it with Parmesan Yogurt Chicken. Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks weekend cooker! :)
Very good! I used fresh corn. This was so delicious. I will make it again!