Having lunch problems? You're worries are over! I am the pickiest kid in America about lunches. This recipe satisfies my mom and me. However my friends weren't as happy, a sandwich just doesn't compare to this dish... Double the sauce ingredients to have lots to go around!
- 1 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup plum sauce (or honey, apricot jam, hot pepper jelly)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 5 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 -2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Marinate chicken slices with 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce, while assembling sauce ingredients in blender or by hand.
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok over high heat.
- Saute chicken about 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Add sauce and bring to boil.
- Stir until thickens (just a couple of minutes).
- Serve with Steamed white rice and garnish with chopped green onions.
hey a new family fav! thank you! I used apricot preserves this tm, however, I plan to prepare this dish each tm w/every selection of sauce offered up. the family is REALLY looking fwd to the plum sauce (found in the Asian isle of the supermarket). I made a few changes due to availability: ground ginger vs fresh, coconut oil vs veggie, low-sodium soy sauce vs the everyday & 4 tsp of bottled minced garlic vs fresh garlic. thanx for sharing!
It really is Kid Pleasin'! My two picky eaters (ages 7 & 8) loved it. I also used honey...couldn't find the plum sauce. Thanks for the recipe!
This was really great. We had to use the honey instead of the plum sauce because we cannot find it locallly.